Post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure policy here.
Happy Friday! I hope you all have some fun things planned for the weekend! The new Jurassic Park movie is calling my name, so now I just have to convince Ashton to go tomorrow! 😉 I just recently shared some Urban Decay products that I got on my Instagram Stories (wearing some in the picture above), but I want to also share my current makeup routine with all of you! 🙂
My Current Makeup Routine
- BB Cream! – I always wash and moisturize my face first in the morning. Then I apply this Maybelline BB Cream (shade light/medium) that is also supposed to be really good for your skin! It has lots of benefits! I dab it on my face with my finger, and then I blend it into my skin with my favorite kabuki brush.
- Under Eye Brightening Corrector – Next I apply this under eye brightening corrector under my eyes to help with dark circles. I added this to my routine more recently and really like it!
- Highlighting Concealer – This is an absolute favorite of mine! I apply this Maybelline highlighting concealer (shade “fair”) on top of the under eye brightening concealer in the shape of an upside down triangle from under my eye to the outer corners of my nose. Depending on how much makeup I want to wear or the look I’m going for, I also sometimes apply it on my forehead, nose, chin, and right above my lips! I use this beauty blender to apply it.
- Finishing Powder – At this point, I go ahead and dab this NYX finishing powder over the makeup I applied under my eyes.
- Bronzer + Highlighter/Blush – I have been using this Naked Flushed Palette for a long time for the bronzer! It also has highlighter and blush that are really pretty, but I have been using this other favorite blush of mine. If you’re looking for options, I also love this blush!
- Eyebrow Pencil! – My absolute favorite eyebrow pencil is the Brow Wiz, but it can go fast and get expensive. If you are looking for a good dupe for it, the Micro Brow Pencil also works very well! It’s a lot cheaper and just takes a little bit more time to do your brows. I use the shade “taupe” in both. Then I apply this e.l.f. Clear Brow & Lash Mascara to hold my brows in place. It’s only $2! If you’re wanting to invest more in a good product like this, I also LOVE this Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel!
- Eyeshadow – I love all of the Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes, and I have had this perfect, everyday one forever! I used their new eyeshadow palette (travel themed) in the picture above. Once I put my eyeshadow on, I will lots of times also apply highlighter below my eyebrows and in the corners of my eyelids. This is a good one.
- Mascara + Eye Liner – My all-time favorite drugstore mascara is the Maybelline The Falsies Pushup Drama Waterproof Mascara. It is the only mascara I have tried so far that gives me the dramatic effect I like and stays put throughout the day. I always use an eyelash curler before and after applying mascara. Depending on my mood, I may or may not use eye liner. I love to use this really affordable $2 e.lf. liquid eye liner. It is very precise!
- Spot Concealer + Lip Color – I currently use this NYX concealer for blemishes, etc. I used to use this one as well. As for lip colors, I will link my favorites below! I’m wearing the Mauve-Nude shade of Urban Decay lipstick in the picture above.
- Makeup Setting Spray – Finally, I have been using the NYX makeup setting spray. They have a dewy look option and a matte one. I love both! Urban Decay also recently sent me a PR package with 2 makeup setting sprays, and I am really excited to try them out! They sent this all-nighter one, and this cooling/hydrating one.
This is the Routine that Works for Me 🙂
Every time I go over my current makeup routine, it always sounds like so much more than it really is! Once you get the routine down, it goes really fast! 🙂 I have never been a makeup expert, and I have just built up tips and tricks that work for me over the years. Let me know if you have any questions about my makeup routine in the comments! I’m also thinking about sharing my skin routine, so just let me know what you think!
Shop My Outfit + My Current Makeup Routine Products/Faves Below!