Happy almost Friday! Today I’m sharing 5 ways to stay positive + my current, Fall wishlist at American Eagle! You guys have asked me before how I stay positive, so I want to share some specific things I consistently do to keep looking at things in a positive light and stay motivated! 🙂
5 Ways to Stay Positive
- Be Thankful – Any time you start to feel sad or upset, just think about what you should be thankful for. Lots of times I will catch myself stressing or getting upset about something silly, and then I will think about my Husband and Daughter. I will even go as far to think about having a roof over my head and something to eat every day, because a lot of people don’t even have that. There is so much to be thankful for! Sometimes I think we can be too hard on ourselves.
- Understand the Importance of Timing – When you find yourself getting upset about something not going your way or feel like something you want is never going to happen, just think about the importance of timing. You may want something to happen soon, but it won’t be best for you until two years later. You might have really wanted that job you applied for and didn’t get, but you also might have ended up hating it. Maybe something you had no clue you needed or wanted ends up making your life so much better! For example, lots of people meet the loves of their lives when they are least expecting it! You never know what will happen. You just have to be patient and do your best. Remember that the best things in life are worth waiting for. 😉
- Set Attainable Goals – When I say “attainable”, I don’t mean limited. Definitely go after your dreams! Just try not to make an unrealistic goal like getting everything you ever wanted overnight. It can be so sad to see people start to chase after something they are passionate about, but then they give up when they don’t see results right away. I get it, though. It can be frustrating. I have been in that frustrating place before. You just have to keep pushing forward and set attainable goals. If you don’t, you will just end up disappointed and most likely quit whatever you are trying to do.
- Plan Little Things to Look Forward to – This is so important. We all tend to get lost in the routine of everyday life. If you don’t have anything to look forward to, negativity can creep in fast. You don’t have to plan expensive activities. If you love watching movies, plan a movie marathon or find a good series on Netflix. If you don’t like being stuck inside, make a plan everyday to go for a walk. Whatever little things make you happy, make sure you are adding them into your routine.
- Pray/Let Go – It can be so hard to let go of the things we want to control sometimes, but we can never fully be in control of everything. If we make ourselves think that is possible, we will always be way too hard on ourselves and carry a lot of negativity when things don’t go our way. Just learn to let go of certain things when you need to and focus on something else. When I notice I am dwelling on something WAY too much, I stop myself, say a prayer, and then I give it to God.
I hope this can be helpful to some of you. It definitely helps me. 🙂 If you want to read more lifestyle posts like this with different topics, just go to my Lifestyle Category tab on the blog!
By the way, I have also heard that the book “Girl, Wash Your Face” is very motivational! Let me know if you have read it and would recommend it! I’m thinking about ordering it!
Now I will share my current, Fall wishlist at American Eagle! They are also having a 50% off clearance + an extra 20% off right now! If you want to shop the sale, just click here!
Shop My Fall Wishlist at American Eagle Below!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Take some time to relax and also have some fun (whatever that may mean for you)! 🙂