Happy almost Friday! 🙂 The weather has definitely been getting cooler out, and I have not been wanting to get up in the mornings at all! So I am very ready for the weekend! How about you guys? I get to take Lana to the orchard tomorrow morning with her school, so that should be fun! It will be a great way to end the week!
I have been wanting to share an updated everyday makeup routine, because it seems like I’m always changing a couple things. I keep a lot of the things I use the same, but there are always a few products I like to experiment with and try. 🙂 So here is a quick and easy update of what I am currently using/plan to try soon:
Updated Everyday Makeup Routine
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (light/medium) – I have loved using this for years to give me some lightweight coverage that also has benefits for my skin! It has been something simple and affordable that I just grab at the store when I’m out! I do plan on purchasing the ESTÉE LAUDER Double Wear Foundation around my birthday in October, though, because I have heard SO many great things about it. You should look up the reviews on this thing! Many other bloggers say it’s absolutely amazing! I plan on finding out my exact shade at Sephora! It’s more expensive, so I definitely want it to match my skin. 😉 After trying it, I will decide if I will use it daily or just on certain days as part of my makeup routine!
- Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector (light to medium) – I mentioned this in my last makeup post, and I am still using the same container! It was another blogger recommendation! I apply it first under my under eye concealer and then also add another little dab of it on top of my concealer on any minor dark spots I still notice.
- Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer (fair) – I recently switched to this concealer from my other one, and I’m really loving it! I still like the other one I was using, but I was wanting to find something that might not run out as fast. I was using the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (shade “fair”) before. It is linked below as well.
- NYX Spot Concealer (fair) – This works so well for helping to cover acne spots and other random dark spots. I’ve been using this for a long time now, and I would freak out if I didn’t have it one day to use in my makeup routine!
- Tarte Blush – I got this when I was getting my makeup done at Sephora like 2 years ago, and I still have the same one! This blush stays on so well, and the shades are so pretty. I also got a couple of them at a blogger event last year! I’ve been using the shade “Partaaay” recently, and I also like some of the pinker shades.
- Naked Flushed Palette – I have been mainly using this for the bronzer! The blush is really pretty too that comes in it, but I have been using the other blushes I received! I have had this for so long now, so it really lasts forever! I’m not sure yet if I will buy it again when I run out or just try to find another bronzer option. Actually, when I eventually run out of everything, this might be a great thing to get, because it includes bronzer, blush, and highlighter! It also has great reviews! Decisions…decisions. 🙂
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil (taupe) – I have been using this for my eyebrows for a long time now! I used to use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (taupe), and I absolutely loved it too! If you have a bigger budget set for your eyebrows, I highly recommend that. Otherwise, I am very happy with the NYX one! 🙂 They are very similar. I think the NYX one just takes a little more work!
- E.L.F. Clear Brow & Lash Mascara – This is $2 at Target. Enough said! I use it to help set my brows in place. If you aren’t wanting to spend a lot of money on something like this, this is perfect! If you want to get something even better, I highly recommend the Benefit Volumizing EyeBrow Gel (I believe I got shade 3 before) as well.
- Eyeshadow Palettes – I love trying out different eyeshadow palettes, so this one may honestly change a lot of the time! Most of the palettes last forever too! Right now, I have been using the Tarte “Make Magic Happen Eyeshadow Palette” that I received for Christmas last year, the Urban Decay single eyeshadow shade called “Half Baked”, and the Smashbox “Cover Shot: Eye Palette” in “Golden Hour”. I highly recommend the Urban Decay one if you don’t want a whole palette! It’s so pretty, and it’s definitely one I will want to get again! 🙂 You can also dab some of it on your finger and put it right under your eyebrows, on the corners of your eyelids, and right on the front of your eyelids (behind your mascara) for a nice, highlighted look!
- Mascara – This has been a big topic on my Instagram lately. 🙂 You all know that I have loved the Maybelline Falsies Push Up Mascara. The only downside is that it’s waterproof. I have been trying to get away from using waterproof mascara all the time. I tried the regular version of it, but my lashes didn’t hold up the way they do with the waterproof version. Recently, I tried out the Tarte “Lights, Cameras, Lashes Mascara”, and I shared it with all of you on Instagram! I love it so much, and it holds up my lashes really well! I even ordered more of it while it was on sale. That is what I have been using lately. I also always use the E.L.F. eyelash curler, and it is only $2! Curling your lashes before AND after mascara makes such a difference!
- Liquid Eye Liner – Okay. I have been debating about this lately. I have been using the E.L.F. Expert Liquid Liner (only $2) for a long time now, but I also just tried the NYX matte liquid liner ($6-8) and liked it a lot too! They have the same kind of applicator that I love, and they are both so easy to apply. The $2 priced one is honestly so hard to beat, though, so I might have to end up sticking with that one. It works really well for me, so I might as well not ruin a good thing. 🙂
- Makeup Setting Spray – I have been using the Urban Decay setting sprays I received over the last couple of months, and I love them! I used the “Chill Cooling and Hydrating” one before going to the zoo a couple times this Summer, and it worked so well! I always love any Urban Decay product that I try. They work so well and last forever! If you want an even more affordable makeup setting spray, I also love the NYX Matte Finish one. I’m sure I will be using the NYX one again in the future as well when I don’t want to spend as much at one time.
- Lip Colors – I’m always looking for different lip colors that compliment my skin tone, so I will just link my favorite ones that I have been using lately below. 😉
Most of everything I talked about in my updated makeup routine is linked below. Otherwise, it is linked in the descriptions above.
Shop My Makeup Routine Favorites Below
If you want to see my previous post that I did about my everyday makeup routine, just click here!
If you ever want to see and shop for the makeup products I am loving and using, you can always go to the “My Makeup Favorites” tab on my blog! I try to keep it updated on a regular basis!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 🙂